When I arrived at Julie's the kids were in bed so it was Julie, Mike and I. We have been a threesome for as long as I can remember. It was awesome to be together with them again. Just them. The kids were in bed and Julie and I were headed to a college roommate reunion of sorts, so it was fitting, as they have been together since the begining of time and I have always been the roommate and third wheel. The WELCOME and favorite third wheel. (Dare I go so far to say?) I just might be...the desired (although unnecesary) energy, interest, and distraction from the regular for Mike and Julie, and them the standard I compare myself to with D.
So here we were again...the three of us buddies...with a pair of jeans... a pair of jeans, that Mike had recently purchased on his own, and Julie did not like on him. They were waiting for me to make the decision about these jeans. I would be the decision about these jeans. We couldn't decide who they looked best on, but we all tried them on and modeled in front of each other just to see who they looked best on. (the answer? I say Mike, Julie says me. The RIGHT answer is Julie, of course). This story is not about jeans at all. Its about comfort. Going to Mike and Julie's, to me, is like going home. They live in Lodi, my hometown, so of course that's how it feels. But due to our history I have a feeling where ever they live, I will know I have come home by being with them. Like old times.
The next morning Julie and I got her kids off to school (an equally delightful experience as I got to see other former classmates and their kids and whatnot) and then we were off. With big sunglasses, too much perfume, a sunny day, and excitment!!! First stop, Eau Claire, WI, Grand Ave Cafe...where we (and ALL of our college roommates worked). A trip right down memory lane, as Richard, our dear friend and forever cook and dishwasher was there. Showing us his list of names of who he has worked with, (US being at the top)! And stories of the cafe and the change in ownership, in the words only we could totally relate to, coming from Richard . Perhaps after looking at the pic, I don't have to tell you, Richard is an old (young at heart) rocker. His first (most current at the time) public rockshow was at our house. And I am reminded about the beauty in friendships. And how true connection can show itself in every form. Richard got tears in his eyes as we said goodbye, and therefore Julie and I. "Keep on Rocking Ricardo!!-Love Queen Waitress"
Sister Amy- EC grad and EC dweller met us for lunch!
Next stop, Tiffany's...and as "The Baby Whisper-er" I declared myself...was put in proof once again as I had the wonderful chance to take that sleepy babe and rock him to sleep. He is the youngest of 4! But he looks like Oldest Brother Jack, who happened to be the FIRST of my girlfriends' babies and therefore I have a love for Baby Jack (who is now a genius, hockey playing 8 year old). Yes 8!!! Ahh, I digress, here is Gavin. Heavenly Gavin. I am only a little bit jealous, if you were wondering. But so are you, right?
We made it!

Friday Night at Stella's Fish Cafe

Chino Latino's: "A mojito and a Flirtini walk into a bar..." Yes a FLIRTini...you should try it...champagne, pineapple and sunshine, all in this fun glass!

Good Morning Minneapolis!

A perfect combination of spontaneity, coffee, celebrity gossip and girlfriends = PERFECT Saturday morning.

Hell's Kitchen for brunch...free pecan roll included...
Consignment shopping in uptown... great treasures!
"like your hair, LOVE your glasses, cute coat!" Oh my! Back at you! "Thank you! Thank you! " What a "feel good" moment, I might start this movement here in Lombard! "like your stroller, like your yard, like your minivan..."
Beers at Brit Pub in the AFTERNOON! We are REALLY on vacation now!


Getting gussied up with a little Lolita Ford on the iPod and we are 21 again!






No comments:
Post a Comment