Friends,
I've got hippies in my house and
I want to shout it from the rooftops!
Brother Jacob and Lovely Arielle,
came to visit us.
How cute are they?
turned me inside out.
Just by being with us,
for a week.
You know that Father/Daughter
thing that some people have?
That Mother/Son
thing that some people have?
I thought I never had
or would ever have
that thing.
I was wrong.
I have that thing, with Jacob.
He is 10 years younger than me,
so I hold him as my own.
Except he is brilliant and wise,
and an adult.
During this visit, he became my safest person.
He is so peaceful and loving and thoughtful.
He is the only person in the world
I can be truly vulnerable with.
I am totally honest with him.
My guard is removed,
the moment he walks into the room.
In his presence,
I wonder why I ever even put my guard on,
and hold it up tightly in front of me.
I think, I could just let it go.
And choose not wear it, even if I have it.
I think, I could just let it go.
And choose not wear it, even if I have it.
I love him so much.
I always thought and preached to him
that he should be following
my footsteps in life.
I was wrong.
He is on the journey that is right for him.
I am learning from him.
His goodness has rubbed off on us.
(also, he makes us a little more hipster chill than we really are)
(also, he makes us a little more hipster chill than we really are)
I returned from work today,
and he is now gone.
Continuing his adventure.
I already miss him and
welcome his return.
Hippies are good, man.
Let it be, let it be,
let it be, oh let it be.
There will be an answer,
let it be.

No comments:
Post a Comment