Friends,
I went on a work retreat.
The words work and retreat
don't usually go together.
It was amazing!
For 3 days
the words went together
like peas and carrots.
We went to Dairyman Resort
in Boulder Junction, WI.
Beautimous.
My CEO is a member
and has been going
since childhood.
It was incredibly generous
of him to share with us.
I rode up with wonderful peers from other offices.
We shared our stories and bonded,
on our 6 hour drive to paradise.
There was a moment
where I found myself
with 3 of my favorites,
sitting in a tiny little boat,
in the middle of a lake
in the still of the night.
We watched the stars,
and soaked up the silence...
...until we learned our voices echoed on the water.
Then we started yelling profanities.
Turns out, I think potty words are hilarious.
Why do I tell my kids "no potty talk"?
Yelling out private body parts,
and hearing them echo back,
is quite possibly the
funniest thing in the entire world.
Try it.
Its a wonderful remedy for sadness.
I stayed in a charming little cabin.
Here was my back yard view.
We played like kids at camp.
The CFO tried to teach me to golf.
He was very patient.
I am a very unfocused golfer.
But we had tons of fun,
and I think that was the point.
Deer were sharing the course with us.
Magic!
Magic!
We worked too.
We talked about vision,
both personal and professional.
Tears were shed,
and hugs were held.
This was the view from our
conference group therapy room.
The CEO set up a
wonderful scavenger hunt for us.
We got to ride on bikes and explore everything.
I was with a really fun team!
The same crew I rode up with!
The President was also on my team.
Lucky me!
He's as busy as Santa Claus,
and I always value time
spent with him.
I think it makes me smarter.
More please.
We are a very new Leadership team.
We are positioned for high growth.
We have aggressive budgets.
This comes with a lot of pressure,
and a lot of excitement.
I am definitely in the
right place, at the right time.
I am thrilled for our future.
If you want to join our party,
check out
We've got so much going on!
And I got a new mug shot!
Ooh la la,
who is that middle aged professional?
I am as shocked as you, to report, its actually me.
My co workers are my friends.
Work feels like a party.
I am surrounded by
super outgoing, funny, and motivated folks.
Can you imagine a cabin full of Sales Leaders?
I was practically a wall flower.
I am rarely the quietest in a room.
Where have these fine folks been all my life?
I have finally found my missing links.
We are ready to build our empire.
Look out!


No comments:
Post a Comment