Remember Lily wanted a "Rockstar room"? Well, we are not quite there, but the stage has been set, so to speak (Goodwill $5, btw) I thought this rhinestone sign would look perfect above her windows, she had another thought in mind...on the door OUTSIDE her room. Not my idea for a hallway, but as Lily stated, she just "wants everyone to know I am a rockstar before they ever come in!" -yes, ok Lil, I get it. You win. A real rockstar (prima donna?) already.
Our entryway. Made up of a chest of drawers I bought from Hobby Lobby to serve as a dresser a few years ago. The price was right at $300. The cashier rang me up at $30. I (admittedly, regretfully, guiltfully) delighted and skipped home with the new dresser for $30. Then my conscious set in. And Karma. And I immediately called the Hobby Lobby Manager and we compromised half way on this, being most grateful for each other. Thankful for my conscious and Hobby Lobby because, now I can love the dresser and the story and move on.
The "L" was a newly bought, yet never used "accessory" (as Fancy Nancy would say, only those that read these books will understand).
The vase, my Grandma Gauthier's hand me "up". The only thing too tall to fit in all my kitchen cabinet space and needed a home.
The picture, a wedding gift from dear friends of mine. Friends that have heard and KNOW and UNDERSTAND my vision of world peace, spoken perfectly in this picture.
The plant, a housewarming gift from a longtime friend in the area upon first visit.
The journal, well you already know. I am pretending I am a bed and breakfast, reserve your spot now!
Oooh a closer look of my dream come true. The whole world holding hands and singing together. I can almost hear John Lennon singing "Imagine" now...along with a gospel choir, a children's choir, and no other than Madonna...do you hear it? Come visit! I beg you!

No comments:
Post a Comment