Labels

Friday, July 24, 2009

Lemonade Stand






The neighbor kids set up a lemonade stand the other day and Lily wanted to join in. I didn't feel comfortable leaving her at the corner without me, and since Charlotte was napping, I set up a camp chair and observed. I promised myself I would not intervene or help or hover. I would just be a fly on the wall so to speak. It was the funniest event I have attended in a long time. Their lemonade business was run much like corporate America, but sweeter and more innocent. This is the future of our business world...


1-the money earned was going "to charity". Such a sweet thought, except when one asked which charity, the others responded "you know, CHARITY."

2-The job duties were to yell and scream and jump up and down when a car drove by yelling "lemonade for charity!!!"

3-After 2 customers they made a sign that said "ON BREAK. NO touching Lemonade", and decided to go on break to count the money.

4-While on break their job was to yell and scream and jump up and down when a car drove by yelling "ON BREAK! ON BREAK! NO touching Lemonade!!!"

5-while counting the money one kid exclaims to the other 8 employees "if we make like $100 we'll each get about $30!" (note Lily made $2, not sure what happened to Charity.)

6-one kid got "fired" for riding around the block on his bike too often.

7-The Boss (oldest kid) said "we should be traveling salesmen and go door to door selling lemonade!"


This is perhaps where I jumped in and said "no!". Haha. I was done with reading my magazine, needed to check on Charlotte and prepare lunch. For the following 6 days Lily has asked if she can have a lemonade stand. Even in the evenings upon her return from daycare.

Kids are so funny and cute. And everyday is an adventure on L Ave.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive