the WCWAns starting a big, long, and steep and then "tremendously steep" hike...
Here's me giving the earth a hug of gratitude :)
My new tent! Its so big it even has a doggy door!! Too bad I don't have (or want?) a dog...
Even while camping the woman set a pretty table...table cloth and sign included (labels/organization is key!) and I just couldn't crop this because because it made me smile so much!...also captured is one of my favorite vices = canned/processed nacho cheese...only worthy for big events such as this!
And now for the story...
Once a year I have the opportunity to attend WCWA (Women's Camping Weekend Adventure). I have been been part of this group for 14 years now. The woman that attend range in age from 20 somethings to 50 somethings (but who's counting?) Regardless of ages, we play like children and reflect like elderly. What does the difference in ages mean? It gives a variety of perspectives and opinions on subjects ranging from "what are the must see movies to watch or books to read this year?" to "how can I contribute to the greater good?" and EVERYTHING in between. Naturally with a group of woman, you can ALWAYS count on subjects to include children, husbands, jobs, gardening, cooking, beauty/hygiene regimes, and the art of balancing it all. NONE of the discussions had are done without loud and grand cackles of laughter often lasting into the wee hours of the night and a scolding from the camp ranger.
I love camping... the disconnect from the ordinary...the watchclock of the sun and moon...the lessons learned by just "being". The act of just "being" is not something I practice at home while balancing (juggling?) the above subjects. The gathering of women is a tradition as old as the hills (have you read "The Red Tent" to prove it?). I feel part of the natural order of history by taking part. Throughout my WCWA weekend I find myself once again and come home a better wife, mother, and woman than when I left. Thank you WCWAns for sharing your thoughts, life, laughter, and beauty with me. I am honored to be part of this exclusive club.
Upon my return from WCWA weekend, a fellow WCWAn (not to be confused with witch) shared these guidelines for living with me that I want to share with you. Mostly because I did ALL of these things during WCWA weekend and it made me a happier person, with the exception of #9 = Donating. BUT if you consider the tolls I paid, and expensive firewood I bought I think a "loose interpretation" would say, yes, I donated :) As the WCWAns do...CHEERS! Aho!
One) Practice daily prayer and meditation. Spend time in nature -- connect with the peace and perfection of plants, trees, flowers and the night sky.
Two) Take daily sun baths for 10 to 15 minutes. Visualize the sun's light filling the cells of your body.
Three) Spend time each day nurturing yourself. Begin a new health regimen, prepare healthy meals for yourself. Drink plenty of pure water.
Four) Clear out negative energy in your environment and arrange spaces in inspiring and uplifting ways.
Five) Make time for creative play, focusing on the process rather than the product.
Six) Allow for your imagination.
Seven) Practice regular physical exercise, walking, yoga, tai chi and other forms of movement that align mind, body and spirit.
Eight) Make a gratitude list, expressing appreciation for everything in your life.
Nine) Donate to charities that help the underprivilege, animals, and the environment.
Ten) Each time you encounter stress or negativity, align your thoughts and feelings with unconditional love.

No comments:
Post a Comment