Friends-
I got away from the Polar Vortex
for a quick trip to Ft. Lauderdale
with hubs.
Isn't he cute?
It was brief, but for a few days I felt worlds away from all my stress so it was worth it.
Last year, we did the same trip,
and left the day after my Dad's funeral.
I have had a year of time and space to
grieve, fear, and panic.
I was looking forward to returning to this place
that started my healing.
Time has helped me to cry less, overcome my fears, and keep my panic in check.
A little bit.
We missed going to Rocco Taco last time and made it our first stop this time.
Which meant...
immediately upon arrival.
Which meant ...
were having dinner at 11 pm.
That's a first!
It was awesome, delicious,
and the crowd was entertaining!
A little bit Ft. Lauderdale Real World,
mixed with Real Housewives of Ft. Lauderdale.
We did not fit in one bit,
but enjoyed every second of people watching.
They had an awesome DJ spinning great tunes!
And a cute waiter flattered me
and made guacamole tableside.
That's dreams coming true, right there, People!
I woke up to happy palm trees and no alarm clock.
We spent most of our time on the beach.
Crossing the street,
to grab a bit to eat, when we were hungry.
I love beach towns.
The casual vibe and laid back ways.
Eating lunch on the street in my swimsuit!
Ahh, only on vacation!
I ordered every meal covered in cheese.
Ahh vacation!
Even the parmesan crusted oysters
eaten on the waterfront.
I am grateful for the new year getaway.
Starting this year with hope and optimism.
I learned that happiness is a choice.
Its my choice,
and I will choose it all year long, as best I can.
Peace, cheers and drinks with umbrella's in them, Friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment