Hi Friends!
Lily hosted her first sleep over,
for her 9th birthday.
She invited 6 of her closest friends,
and her sister, Charlotte.
9 year old girls are pretty awesome.
And flexible.
Lily wanted a camping theme.
She loves party planning.
Me too!
I tried to bring the outdoors in.
We had smores in our fireplace.
A make your own trail mix bar.
Darin went outside on a snowy evening
to grill hot dogs and brats.
The girls drank and snacked
to their hearts content.
I wasn't about to challenge myself to
making the cake.
But finding one was a challenge.
We ordered this "John Deer"
cake from our local grocer,
and removed the tractor,
so it became a camp theme.
Goodie bags, doubled as a craft,
as the girls decorated their own,
with fabric markers.
They had fun and the clean up was easy.
No glitter or glue or anything I despise.
Can you imagine the cute conversations,
I witnessed with this crew?
I set up a 9 person tent in my living room.
The tent was 100 times bigger in my house,
than in the great outdoors.
There was a bit of 9 year old drama.
Admittedly we had so many girls here.
It was a challenge to keep them together
and separate groups started to take form.
I was so grateful for the girls that stayed by Lily's side all night to make her feel special.
Sometime after 2 am everyone was asleep.
Including me and my sleep over guest,
Bridget.
Peace, love, and pillow talk, Friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment