Friends!
I am so behind in my updates,
please forgive me.
My computer broke.
Seriously.
So anyway,
its still broke and I may or may not
have lost everything on it.
Nonetheless,
thanks to my overly active social media skills,
I am able to grab some pictures
and memories and share with
the masses on my blog.
Aunt Karen, Aunt Sarah, Mom,
you are the masses.
We co-hosted
our annual neighborhood
deck crawl.
Our co-hosts were the Nelson's.
Honorary neighbors,
since they moved out a few years ago.
We decided on a Texas theme,
thanks to our recent trip.
We served Shiner Bock beer
and Texas Caviar dip and chips.
The best part of this whole deal,
was that I got to know this gal a little better.
When she made a play list and included
Alvira
(a favorite tease song for my Grandma Alvina)
and The Duke's of Hazard Theme Song
(hello!!! Luke Duke is from Lodi!)
I knew we were best friends,
who just needed to spend more time together.
So we found ourselves at my favorite local
Italian Eatery one week night
to "plan" our party.
We chatted and laughed and cried.
We both had waitressing stories,
and losing our Dad stories,
and motherhood stories,
and marriage stories,
and all the wonderful
stories that connected us.
And in the final 5 minutes,
we shared what we already had planned
in our minds
for our party,
which was of course the same.
Use bandanas for the table cloth,
turn the sombreros upside down for a chip bowl.
Yup, yup.
Take ONE picture all night.
The only one you need.
Yup.
Giddy Yup!


No comments:
Post a Comment