Labels

Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy 40th Anniversary!











"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

Darin's parents just celebrated their 40th Anniversary! Congrats Dave and Diane!!! We joined them along with Darci for dinner at Ditkas' Steakhouse. All I can say is that I watched this dear couple as they enjoyed the company of their children and grandchildren,(and humbly dare I say even daugher in law?)...we reminisced about first meetings and days past and enjoyed steak, seafood and wine only worthy of such grand occasions.

I said in an earlier post "you don't know what you don't know."

So really, when it comes to 40 years. I don't know.

What I do know is some of what marriage takes. Many of you reading this know MUCH MORE THAN I.
I know this...it takes a certain kind of dedication and affection for someone that withstands all daily irritations...and that is really something. Something divine. Any married person MUST agree!
To which I must point out, when I demanded this "one of a time" family picture...Dave and Diane are holding hands. Not arms around each other, posing, for the point of picture purposes...just naturally holding hands as they stand with their family. And I can only hope Darin and I have the same affinity towards one another in 30+ years from now to hold hands. Not on purpose and not for picture, just because for the most part we really like being together...like his parents.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 40TH ANNIVERSARY DAVE AND DIANE!
So much to celebrate!




No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive