Taste of Lombard...photo courtesy of Lily Lowe (who "posed" us, nevermind the cheap beer we are drinking)
Firehouse Rock Show at Taste of Lombard
Paradise Bay

Shedd Aquarium on the busiest day of the year, Smiths are even fun to wait in line with!

Train station
Darin has a friend. Ryan Smith is his name. Ryan was the first person Darin met at Eau Claire. They have a bond about sports and fun and life. Ryan coached Darin on what to wear on his first date with me (Ryan said a tie, Darin ignored). Ryan knew the answers to these sorts of questions because he already had a girlfriend. A high school sweetheart= Danica. Danica was a girl that everyone loved too. It was greatness when I got to met Ryan and we immediately liked each other. And Ryan and I could talk about (not sports), but fun and life and Darin. Then even greater when I got the meet the infamous Danica. Girlfriend of all girlfriends, as she was. The best of the best, said all the Farm Boys. And for me, to immediately feel close and cozy and bonded and giggly with her, as if I had chosen her for myself was enchanted. Darin and I had our first offical "dance" at their engagement party years ago. And now for the first time since Lily was a baby, we hung out as 2 separate families. Now 2 families of 4. And when you are a family of 4 and you ALL get along with ALL of the other family of 4...well that kind of addition is just DIVINITY!!! Unheard of! And when all just love and accept each other as is...well its peace on earth. And the Smith's taught us something and (I think and hope) we offered them something. They are these fabulous adult role models (different in the best of ways from us) for our children and literally took them in their arms. And Darin and I found ourselves calling Kobie and Behla all the same terms of affection we call our own children, because we were one in the same.
The Delightful Smith Family chose to spend their 4th of July holiday with us. We are so honored. We KNOW they have so many people in their lives wanting their attention. Thank you Ryan, Danica, Kobie, and Behla for choosing us.
We had the best of times, or as they say in the Sparta (Smith's hometown)Newspaper "a good time had by all." I think the pictures speak to our fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment