Labels

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blossom, thrive, and flourish

Friends,
I have a confession.
I LOVE my job.
Why do I have to tell you this like a secret?

Because, in some ways, I feel like I wasn't suppose to love it as much as I do.
That I was suppose to fail and run back home for carpools and dishes and laundry.

I didn't expect to be quickly successful,
 at my new role.
But I humbly tell you,
I am confident that I am very good at it.

I had many in my life that did not support this decision, and some still don't.

I think mostly, they worried about the girls.
(me too)

The result is,
I am happier.
Darin is happier.
That can only make for happier kids.

Truthfully, the change has been hard on them.

I cannot shelter them from change,
its part of life.
The sooner they get comfortable with it,
the better equipped they are for life.
And its my main duty as mom, after all,
 to prepare them for this
crazy little thing called life.

My going back to work full time,
creates a wonderful life lesson for them.
Even if its hard.
I trust my kids can do hard things.
Just like me.

Now that I am more comfortable at work,
I have adjusted my schedule
 for a better balance of work and home.
The girls are watching me thrive in my career,
and I am proud to be their role model.

I am reading Lean In, which is getting lots of press about women in the workplace. 
I only just started reading it,
so I can't give a review or anything yet,
but so far many of the facts and studies are proving what is happening to
my family and I, with my new job.

It shares my sentiments,
backed up by research and studies
that women can thrive having
both families and careers.

To my naysayers,
I want you to know I do want it all.
I want a family and a career.
And I can have it all.
Its not selfish of me,
its actually better for our family system,
and for the world to have
women, and mothers and me in the work place.

Remember when I said I was blossoming?
Remember when I said this year was going to be epic, despite the rough start of losing my Dad, breaking my leg, and floundering in my new job?
I am happy to say that I have moved beyond blossoming, I am thriving and flourishing.

(Also, I want to roll around in my dollar bills every payday!)

Here's whats happening,
straight from the book...

  "Sharing financial and child care responsibilities leads to less guilty moms, more involved dads, and thriving children.  Employed women reap rewards including greater financial security, more stable marriages, better health, and in general, increased life satisfaction."   

So, yea.  That sums it up.
 
If you are wondering about the job I am doing everyday, you can view my companies
Yelp Video here.
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive