Labels

Friday, February 6, 2009

Annual Water Park Weekend





























We enjoyed our 3rd Annual Water Park Weekend in celebration of Lily's birthday. It has proved us well to have a mini family getaway in a tropical environment during the long, cold, Midwest winter. This year was the most fun of all. I'll admit, Darin likes water parks more than me. It took me a while to get into it...at first it seemed so loud with so much to be nervous about (as the lifeguards are constantly scanning the bottom of the pool for missing children and such). But once I decided to be on vacation in my mind, I started to loosen up and have fun. By Sunday we were all on vacation time and not ready to go. So we checked out of our room, considered staying another night, and instead played as long as we could, until we were so wet and pruned and waterlogged there was no choice, but to get dry, and make the journey back to our real life.

Lily went down the same slide approximately 662 times while Darin and I took turns going down the big slides or relaxing solo in the hot tub. We floated along the Lazy River in tubes fit for a family of four, meanwhile Lily pretended she was Dora the Explorer as we passed waterfalls and such. I took Lily down a big tube slide. She was quite brave, (the first time scared and nearly refused) but after the first splash pleaded "again, Mama. AGAIN!"
Charlotte per usual was a little trooper and enjoyed splashing and watching Lily (to which she is calling "lalalala"). We were joined by our best friends, the Mitby's and the Clark's for dinner and amusement on Saturday, a perfect addition to our family weekend.

3 comments:

Amy Herwig said...

I love the pictures of the girls in matching pjs! ;) They are too cute!

Cathie said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! Sorry we missed it - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lil!

walters family said...

Yea! Fun! Looks like good times.

My Blog List

Blog Archive