


Darin and I attended the Lodi Alumni Basketball Tournament. When explaining to Lily why we were going without her, I suggested she imagine a day with her own friends and a time when perhaps, like me, she would want to be with them, and without me. I explained these friends were my friends since kindergarten (aka Cathie, Julie). One of these has been a friend since I was two years old = Heidi! Lily couldn't believe what I was saying, she was amazed! And then suddenly so was I! Friends for 30+years?! Surely, there are no words to describe this sort of love...but I did find a quote fitting for our friendship and the evening that followed...
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. * Ralph Waldo Emerson
And as far as small towns go, I am a fan of my hometown. For putting on this event = a perfect excuse to get together and see faces from days past. And mostly for the circle on the dance floor that transpired between friends, neighbors and strangers who seemed to be"friends we haven't met yet" = all cheering one another on as we took turns in the middle dancing amongst the cheers and applause of one another. It felt like home to me all the way into the wee hours of the morning. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Lowe, not only for the night out but the added bonus of sleeping in, the next morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment