Labels

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear America!

4th of July came. And we were honored with unexpected albeit




(don't you just love that word, albeit?)




welcome visitors!




My friend Jennifer has fallen into the most fantastic love with Dezi.




I pretend I created this, by my calling it out to the Universe.




Dezi answered.




Their story is the kind of thing that people make movies and write songs about, so I won't bother you with my words. You will have to trust me on this one.




They just returned from her family trip to Hawaii (he surprised her by meeting her there. Her family and I were clued into the secret long before it happened)




So now you know, I can keep a secret.




Its hard for me. But I can do it.




This was Dezi and my first meeting.




I am pretty sure our old souls have met before.
We already KNEW (and loved) each other upon meeting.



We may have been brother and sister in prior lives.



Or girl friends. I don't know.



But we click, easily.



We share deeply.



We understand



We "get" one another.





We started the day making pancakes and singing Happy Birthday Dear America!




And talking about history (Darin) and freedom (me).
This darling dish came from my neighbors' lovely Mom. In their garage sale.
I got first pick at the goods.
This was too cute to pass up! ($3 are you kidding me?)
I had no idea how I would use it, but I knew I needed it.
Luckily, my new Rachel Ray magazine gave me the best idea.
Pancakes with candles!


We had margaritas and bbq ribs (yum D, thanks), corn on the cob, and all fixin's Americana!
It was a wonderful first meeting with Dezi and reunion with Jennifer.
And I can't help but mention on this day, Independence Day, I was informed of the shocking news of the unexpected and tragic death of my long time friend, Gabe.
And I can not yet write about it.
And sadly, this isn't my first boy that was my true friend to lose this year.
And I only have a handful of boys that are my friends.
And one passed years ago.
And two more passed this year.
And none of these passings were with warning.
So I am at a loss for words.
When I find them,
I promise to share.
Till then, please keep (selfish) me in your prayers as I learn to cope with great loss.
And mostly, keep in your hearts, all who are missing the ones I am missing.
There are many.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Still thinking about you Heather! A loss like that is never easy. You are in my prayers!

My Blog List

Blog Archive