

Wow! We are all growing up! Lily has started soccer and preschool, Charlotte is a cooing, smiling, active baby and no longer the tiny infant we brought home from the hospital and we just attended Darin's 15 year high school reunion! Were does the time go?
Lily has made us so proud in her new activities. It takes her a minute to get comfortable (someday I will be so grateful for the caution) and once she decides she's ready...she's into it with one of her greatest gifts = ENTHUSIASM! Both in preschool and soccer she gives Mom the thumbs ups "I did it" sign as I sit on the sidelines and watch my baby run around and listen to others teach her. How does she know I need the feedback? She already knows how to take care of ME! Wasn't it only yesterday I was WITH her in gymnastics and ballet class, holding her hand, giving her directions, etc? And now she's there all by herself while Charlotte and I get the best seat in the house (best view of Lily)! My baby girl is really growing up and it seems all of a sudden. I know, roots and wings. Give them roots and wings. But the wings piece seems the harder of the two. Knowing this, I hold Charlotte a little bit tighter every day. The same as any mom in history, perhaps, although somehow when its happening to you, you could swear it was the first time, right? Although visiting with Darin's parents and my Mom and my Grandma who were here to visit (Charlotte got to hear a Polish lullabye from Babcia) and somehow I know my feelings have been felt by others before me.
Lily has made us so proud in her new activities. It takes her a minute to get comfortable (someday I will be so grateful for the caution) and once she decides she's ready...she's into it with one of her greatest gifts = ENTHUSIASM! Both in preschool and soccer she gives Mom the thumbs ups "I did it" sign as I sit on the sidelines and watch my baby run around and listen to others teach her. How does she know I need the feedback? She already knows how to take care of ME! Wasn't it only yesterday I was WITH her in gymnastics and ballet class, holding her hand, giving her directions, etc? And now she's there all by herself while Charlotte and I get the best seat in the house (best view of Lily)! My baby girl is really growing up and it seems all of a sudden. I know, roots and wings. Give them roots and wings. But the wings piece seems the harder of the two. Knowing this, I hold Charlotte a little bit tighter every day. The same as any mom in history, perhaps, although somehow when its happening to you, you could swear it was the first time, right? Although visiting with Darin's parents and my Mom and my Grandma who were here to visit (Charlotte got to hear a Polish lullabye from Babcia) and somehow I know my feelings have been felt by others before me.

No comments:
Post a Comment