Lily and I enjoyed a Cinderella afternoon ballet while C stayed home and napped with Dad. We were delighted with the performers, and a "friend" we found near the concession stand.
Speaking of Dad and his naps...its no wonder he is tired. He had been traveling. He went to NYC and bought the girls I heart NY t-shirts and he was in LA immediatly prior to the Oscars. He literally walked The Red Carpet...and the award goes to...

Oh perhaps you can't see...but both girls have BEST DAUGHTER awards sitting on their dressers. Lily, of course dressed up to also win Best In Show, as we watched the pre-award fashions.

I got no gifts from these trips, but its ok, because the day after D returned home I took myself shopping (like any suburban wife would) and ironically found the last I heart NY shirt in my size on super sale at Old Navy,and I knew for a few bucks it was made for me. And I already have a dance trophy in my office at work. It is a trophy that my friend Jennifer bought for less than 2 bucks at Goodwill. Year 1997. Perfecto. The idea of buying and "gifting" a hand-me-down trophy brings all of us enough joy and laughter to last D a few more trips! Can you imagine the questions I get in office about it? And then how I have to honestly answer? Its an easy filter as to which new hires "get me" and those that don't.
I want to thank my family and God, The Academy, and all those that supported me!
No comments:
Post a Comment