Labels

Monday, January 27, 2014

True Confession

Friends,
I think someone (Lily)
has been stealing my fashion mags.
 
Look at her designs!
 
One outfit for Work and one outfit for Out!
 
Isn't she clever and talented?
Yes, I think so.
 
I would  love to wear these outfits
that she customized just for me!
 
 I love it,
because...
here's a true confession.
 
I love fashion.
Not to be confused with...
I am good at fashion.
 
I just love the idea of fashion.
 
I love putting outfits together,
and accessorizing.
 
I love to play dress up.
 
I love to mix and match and create.
 
I have a huge and amazing closet space,
which only adds to my fun.
 
My friend Jennifer is like this too.
 
We are friends,
because we met as adults,
and we can see ourselves playing,
 pretend together as little girls.
 
So we do.
 
We email each other every morning,
and our first line is usually our outfit.
 
Sometimes we send pictures,
(featuring our mutual-mirrored-man-hands).
Here's a vacation pic!
 
 
Shallow?  Selfish?  Self indulgent?
 
Yes.  Totally. 
 
A little.
 
But in our defense it adds a little personal flair,
to our otherwise regular days.
 
So when, my real artist friend
hosted this give away,
I couldn't help but suggest,
Jennifer and I should win it.
 
We wake up every morning
and look at ourselves,
 in the mirror
and smile,
and pretend.
 
We know however it looks,
it will bring a story and smile to the other.
 
 Are we headed
 to the Land of Make Believe?
 
No.
 
We are headed to the land of
Bored Board Meetings .
 
But we will fully understand
how each other's day is going to go,
when we know what the other is wearing.
 
Jennifer has her self labeled...
Heather Herwig hand me ups,
her size 12 petite hand me downs
(she's a size 8 regular, always a bad choice),
her hippy dippy outfits
her powerhouse outfits,
(I want her perfect Banana Republic green dress)
 
Her gorgeous hair in a side pony tail,
braid, or long and curly.
 
Her purses,
her necklaces, earrings,
and...
SHOES!
(please not the functional Clarks)
 
OMG!
She has her own fantastic style.
 
 I love it.
 
Do you still pretend, Friends?

Check out my artist friend,
who plays all day long in yoga pants
and maxi dresses.
(always good choices)
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive