Labels

Friday, August 22, 2014

Big Ten 10K

Friends-
The other Saturday I ran 6 miles
and had 2 beers by 9 am.
 
This sort of irony
makes me  happy!
 
Like a room without a roof.
Whatever that means.
 
 
I had my very own fan section.
 
This girl made me do it.
I love new moms on the run.
 
I was once one of them.
 
And then once again.
 
I totally value
new mom's dedication
to keeping themselves
healthy and happy.
 
And even better,
taking time to prioritize themselves.
 
Even if the baby is in the jogging
stroller in front of them.
 
 
This was my first time doing this race.
 
It was so fun.
 
A beautiful course
along the lakefront
in Chicago.
 
Every participant is dressed
to show their Big 10 loyalty.
 
For me,
this pointed out,
very clearly
who I saw in front of me,
and had to pass!
 
This was the first race,
that I have ran,
that was fun for the whole family.
 
Charlotte requested multiple pictures
with every. single. mascot.
 
Darci is a MN alum,
so we paid our respects to Goldie.

 
Don't tell Darin,
but we loved GOLDIE!
 
And Brutus.
As Lily says,
 
"oh!"-
(Macaulay Mcculkin Home Alone Face)
 
"Hi!"-
(Princess Kate Wave)
 
"oh!"-
Macaulay Mcculkin Home Alone Face
 
I'll stop now,
but trust me,
we spent a LOT
of time with every single mascot.

And then I went home
and took a nap.
 
The end.


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive