Hi Friends,
We took Lily and 5 friends,
plus sister Charlotte
on an overnight adventure to
Eaglewood Resort and Spa.
A neighbor told me about this place,
and although it would be lovely to spa,
while D golfs,
it is also a great place for kids.
A pool with late night movies and a bowling alley.
I read an article that said
girls at 11-13 years old,
are the most real,
and fiercest they will ever be.
I treasure every single one of them.
I am #blessed to be a witness to their lives,
at this wonderful age and stage.
The staff was super accommodating to our crowd.
Clearly, they have done this before.
These girls tho...
They mostly wanted to hang in our suite
and take music videos of themselves.
And then play Truth or Dare,
in a closet,
where they thought
I couldn't hear them.
I could.
Its ok, Moms'.
They are still super innocent still.
Lily's friends' gifted her with the most
personal and thoughtful gifts.
It proved to me,
how very well they know her.
(D's a little bored with the girl bonding situation,
and about to head home for the night to watch a game instead, which he did,
as planned, but he left 2 hours early because of boredom. haha!)
Lily nearly cried after opening every gift,
calling everything
"so sentimental"
and hugged each friend
after opening their gift.
Here's a canvas she got from Kylie.
Isn't it...
so sentimental?
I die of love and joy.
When I looked around the room,
as we sang Happy Birthday to Lily,
as we have done for the past 10 years,
this one seemed different.
I knew her friends
were her people.
The ones she shares secrets with.
Even secrets she might keep from me.
And I was ok with that,
because she's got a great group of friends,
and she is a good friend.
And I have Cathie and Julie,
from my slumber party past.
And its wonderful to love your Mom,
like a best friend.
I do.
And also have other best friends.
If I could gift Lily with something meaningful,
it would be best friends.
We got Lily's cupcakes
from a place in Elmhurst
that was on our favorite show,
Cupcake Wars.
Darin found it, naturally.
He always finds the cake!
Happy Birthday Dear Lily!
#blessings to you, Love forever.







No comments:
Post a Comment