Friends,
Rocky has been through puppy training.
For 6 weeks,
the girls and I got dressed,
and left the house,
on Tuesdays,
and left the house,
on Tuesdays,
at the ungodly hour of 7:30 pm,
when I was already in my pajamas.
when I was already in my pajamas.
It was our only "free night" of the week,
with no other activities.
I treasured this night off.
with no other activities.
I treasured this night off.
Then, Lily's volleyball practice started,
on Tuesdays, so it was only Charlotte and me.
on Tuesdays, so it was only Charlotte and me.
Everyone at class missed Lily.
The people in our class seemed really strange,
and weird to start.
For starters,
some were dog people,
and that is just weird to me.
For starters,
some were dog people,
and that is just weird to me.
Lily walked in,
and made friends,
with the strange and weird class,
just by being Lily.
with the strange and weird class,
just by being Lily.
This eased us a lot, to have Lily
as our PR person there.
Lily is open and free and expressive,
and connects with everyone.
Soon, thanks to Lily,
I was Facebook Friends with the dog trainer.
What?
I've never been friends with someone that likes
to have dogs lick their face.
Its just not for me,
or my crowd.
Charlotte and I,
felt naked when Lily could no longer join us,
at dog school,
due to her volleyball schedule.
as our PR person there.
Lily is open and free and expressive,
and connects with everyone.
Soon, thanks to Lily,
I was Facebook Friends with the dog trainer.
What?
I've never been friends with someone that likes
to have dogs lick their face.
Its just not for me,
or my crowd.
Charlotte and I,
felt naked when Lily could no longer join us,
at dog school,
due to her volleyball schedule.
Our cover up was gone,
and we had to interact,
without our forced socializing from Lily.
Turns out,
we become friends too,
with the strange and weird people and dogs.
with the strange and weird people and dogs.
Our favorite weirdos were a super cute young couple and their first puppy
a Corgi, named Winslow.
They were newly married
and pretended he was their baby.
I loved that.
a Corgi, named Winslow.
They were newly married
and pretended he was their baby.
I loved that.
Also the old professor type couple,
with their rescue wiener, Cooper,
who was naughty and awful.
We became so defensive of Cooper,
like he was our person/dog,
demanding the trainer to...
Give him a chance,
and another chance,
and he's almost got it,
give him a treat,
we love him!
We became so defensive of Cooper,
like he was our person/dog,
demanding the trainer to...
Give him a chance,
and another chance,
and he's almost got it,
give him a treat,
we love him!
We befriended Simon,
a teddy bear of a dog,
and his owner,
a 60 year old something of a widow,
a 60 year old something of a widow,
who brought her daughter one day.
The daughter secretly shared that Rocky reminded them, of a cocker spaniel,
they had while she was growing up.
they had while she was growing up.
After sharing sweet memories,
and much affection to Rocky, we learned that
Simon is the new dog to be a companion,
in her Mom's grief, after losing Dad.
Simon was Rocky's best friend in class.
I want to befriend the widow in real life.
(but without Lily, didn't really know how to execute that thought)
I am happy to report, Rocky graduated.
I am in shock and awe to report that
Rocky graduated as the
Valedictorian
of the class.
Its not nice to swear,
but I shit you not.
I am as surprised as you.
The dogs had a series of tasks to perform, Charlotte volunteered us to go first.
(to my dismay)
And Rocky won...
EVERY. SINGLE. CHALLENGE.
It was embarrassing.
And I was so proud I almost cried.
My dog is Best in Show???
Please! Please notice his cap/crown,
whathaveyou!
(maybe don't notice Charlotte's hair,
or the dirty hole in her tights?)
Please! Please notice his cap/crown,
whathaveyou!
(maybe don't notice Charlotte's hair,
or the dirty hole in her tights?)
But then we had a talent show portion,
which I knew we would fail,
except we didn't.
I picked the only talent
no one else did.
Puppy Push Ups!
He stole the show!
The class has no idea he can't even "shake".
He'll do anything for a treat and an audience.
He is not that obedient at home.
I am not that good of a dog owner,
to be training him all the time.
He's an unpredictable puppy,
and I am not on him with treats,
and a Coach Voice all the time.
He's a huge pain in the ass.
But I am his master, he is my dog,
and I am his human,
and in my whole life,
I never expected to experience this kind of love,
with an animal.
A bone chewing,
shoe eating,
mess making,
filthy stinking animal.
Now when he is out getting groomed,
for a morning,
its like I've lost my right arm.
I love him and need him back.
Its just the most innocent,
and uncomplicated love of my life.
I regret nothing about getting him,
and the girls,
somehow picked,
the right dog for me.
I'm already feeling sad about his short life span,
and consider getting him a sibling.
I've seriously gone crazy in love.
Posting this with Rocky on my lap now.
Gotta go look in his eyes,
and calm myself down.
Rocky Herwig Lowe.
Rocky Lowe.
Rocky Rococo.
Pouchy Poo,
Roxy Roo,
has brought more love to our family,
than I ever dreamed possible.



No comments:
Post a Comment