Friends,
I celebrated my 40th birthday!
Darin asked if he could plan me a party,
planned for the weekend before my birthday
but that made me too nervous,
so I said no thanks.
Then the weekend of my birthday came,
and I felt like celebrating,
so he switched gears,
from the low key dinner between him and me
and somehow,
some people showed up,
to his last minute request for
Heather's Tacos and Tequila Birthday Fest.
These people showed up.
My friend Bridget and sis in law, Darci!
And these people,
some super neighbors,
plus some of our first friends in Chicago,
one of which had a baby in her belly.
A baby in a dive bar, with me.
Baby nephew Conor playing at my house,
with my girls while we were out =
Perfect.
I also got a visit
from one of my favorite cousins, Craig.
I spent my childhood,
in my Grandma's basement,
wearing her old square dancing costumes,
"marrying" him.
His mom is my Godmother,
my mom's only older sister.
I felt special having him join us!
It was a super fun night out.
On my real birthday,
I had a very new friend Missy
(more about new friendship coming soon)
treat me to lunch.
And of course, I was treated like a Princess at home.
Crown included.
They know me well.
My sweet dog, finished up
my work day at home.
Not everyone gets the gift of age,
so I welcome 40!
I was getting to be such an old
30 something, anyway.
But I am such a young 40 something!
With 4 decades of experience and stories,
in me,
I feel like I just keep getting better.
More tired, maybe,
but more lessons learned.
Cheers to Me!
Life is good!







No comments:
Post a Comment