I may have mentioned it.
Darin's sister Darci is getting married!
The girls and I co-hosted a shower and bachelorette for her.
I can't thank Darci enough for the opportunity to buy a new dress and hang out with girlfriends for a night in the city.
Lily and Charlotte were there for the shower and then whisked away with Darin,
so I could enjoy late night shenanigans.
Darci's longtime friend and Matron of honor
(the only other mother of two in the wedding party)
hosted the event at
her family's party room in the city.
The views were awesome.
We had flowers and cupcakes and all the girly things a bride to be could want.
We also had a taco bar
and short, but fun and embarassing game.
and short, but fun and embarassing game.
Only one.
We know Darci and her limits.
It was called
What Would (Groom to be) Jason Say?
The stories that came were hilarious.
It would be rude to share them here.
I won't do it.
You'll have to trust me.
Darci's ability to gut laugh at herself
is one of my favorite things about her.
That and her legs.
Well, that's What Jason Would Say too!
It was called
What Would (Groom to be) Jason Say?
The stories that came were hilarious.
It would be rude to share them here.
I won't do it.
You'll have to trust me.
Darci's ability to gut laugh at herself
is one of my favorite things about her.
That and her legs.
Well, that's What Jason Would Say too!
Lily would call this picture the Lowe Girls.
With one, soon to be Trout.
Lily is getting a real kick out of
Darci's soon to be last name.
Since engagement at all family gatherings
Lily does a toast,
"all Lowe's raise their glass"
And there Jason sits.
And Darci puts her glass half in the air.
And all Trouts and Lowe's laugh along.
Darci's soon to be last name.
Since engagement at all family gatherings
Lily does a toast,
"all Lowe's raise their glass"
And there Jason sits.
And Darci puts her glass half in the air.
And all Trouts and Lowe's laugh along.
I wrote a special toast for Darci.
It was a maybe a poem and maybe long winded.
Its too bad no one could hear it
because it was heartfelt.
I just looked at Darci and sobbed my whole way through.
because it was heartfelt.
I just looked at Darci and sobbed my whole way through.
I was shaky with nerves.
Literally, the paper in my hands was shaking.
I am so touched that Darci,
Popular, Beautiful Darci,
with all her wonderful friends,
choose me as one of 4 to stand next to her
on her wedding day.
Its huge.
To let old, mom-ish, married to brother ME,
be the family for her.
So I wrote her a toast and I sobbed.
And so did she.
And everyone thought it was nice and touching.
Except no one could hear through my blubbering.
Except Darci.
And one more.
Mom Diane.
I know Diane heard every word.
And thanked me for it.
I thanked her for hearing through the
nerves.
Because Darci has honored me as a bridesmaid,
I have taken it upon myself to be
Darci's Big Sister.
Darci's Big Sister.
I promised to take care of her.
To be good, so she could be crazy.
To make it all about her and none about me.
(not an easy task for self involved me)
The truth is, the only thing that keeps Darci and I from being best friends
is that I am her sister in law.
is that I am her sister in law.
Had we met under any other circumstances,
we would have been roommates by choice.
But now we are family.
And although we are outlaws,
and not traditional,
and Darci has no need for a big sister,
because she has a big brother and is incredibly responsible and independent all on her own,
on this particular night,
she let me be Big Sis.
The only one to go home and
spend the night with her.
She knew that I would gladly dance to Wham into the wee hours of the morning
totally sober and tired.
totally sober and tired.
It was my duty to do this, gladly for my emotional, grateful, bride to be of a baby sister.
Darci's friends welcome me.
They are the nicest people in the world.
Darci has good friends,
because she is a good friend.
because she is a good friend.
In the wee hours of the morning, at a crowded 80's dive dance bar, there was no one I would rather be with than the girls I was with.
Here's a pic of her and her bridesmaids.
Just wait till we get our hair done and wear matching dresses on the big day!
I love these girls.
Happy Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Darci!
Can't wait for the next Big Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment