Hi Friends
I had my annual work convention last week.
It was in Chicago.
The President of my Company is also
The President of the American Association of Health Information Management.
And the convention was held in
our home city of Chicago.
This meant I was invited to the greatest parties.
Two nights in a row I hit the elevator button to the top floor of the Hyatt = Monarch Suite.
I was treated to live piano music, a full spread of food, open bar, and lovely company.
During the day,
I worked hard at networking in our booth.
And I had to tolerate watching that video clip I did
on a big screen in HD
that rolled all day long,
every day as I stood next to it
and tried not to laugh.
And then a group of men told me they thought I looked like this...
"that one actress from
My Big Fat Greek Wedding."
Is it true?
I don't mind if it is.
On my last night I had a Roaring 20's party at Excalibur,
a 5 story nightclub.
Here's me with President Patty and gang(sters).
(you may remember them as my triathlon team)
And now for the good stuff...
I was in bed every night by 10 pm.
I finished a wonderful book.
I had breakfast in bed the first two mornings.
On my last day I sat with a Pumpkin Spice Latte
in the hotel lobby alone.
I people watched.
I sipped.
I treasured sitting in public alone.
I was not waiting.
I was just happily sitting
until it was time to get on the shuttle.
I was not corralling any kids.
I was not making small talk.
I just sat and took in the fountains,
the tourists, the latte.
It was my favorite moment of all.
How simple is that?
I vow to give myself that moment again.
Darin had a little help in my absence.
As you can see, the girls were in good hands.
Till my vacation work convention next year!
(Atlanta!)


No comments:
Post a Comment