Labels

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Old Lady Teenage Mom

On our way up to Wisconsin last weekend
 I was bored to death with the drive.
As usual on any car ride,
and especially those rides lasting
 longer than 15 minutes.
On this day (and always)
I was a nervous wreck due to
traffic, construction
and red brake lights ahead the whole way.
Darin was driving.
TG.
Darin is an incredible driver.
He has saved us from so many accidents.
 
One time he was so prepared,
 we watched a soft top Jeep
flip over in front of us,
and a person
(that I took for dead)
climbed out alive.
Bloody, yes.
But the dude walked out of his car
when I thought I just watched him die in front of me.
 
I digress...
due to my neurotic state when in cars,
I think its best that
I stay busy
with my eyes off the road.
And leave the driving to Darin,
who doesn't need my panic-y outbursts.
So on these trips,
I read.
I check Facebook updates.
I play Words with Friends.
 I check Instagram.
I eat Cornnuts
(is that what that gas station delight is called?)
 
On our last trip,
in my Instagram checking,
I see that Taylor Swift's cat is doing something really adorable.
So I show Lily, and Charlotte
(who are also bored, but can handle the whole trip better than me.)
 
Today, being 4 days after that trip
I pick Lily up from school
and she reports on her day, and in the same breath says to me...
"Mom, how do you get the Taylor Swift stuff?"
I have no idea what she is talking about,
but when I finally drill down,
I figure out what she is referring to.
So I tell her,
"well, Dear, I follow her on Instagram!"
Lily says...
"Mom, you are like a thirty something old Lady!  WHY do you follow Taylor Swift???"
Which, to her credit,
was a really good point.
And then I said more of the truth,
which made me laugh pretty hard at myself
"I also follow Selema Gomez!"
Lily was equal parts proud and mortified at her thirty something teenage mom.
Me too. 
 
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive