Happy Halloween, Friends!
Was it Spooktacular?
Mine was.
I got to volunteer in Charlotte's classroom.
Here she is with her
"Very Best Friend, Alexandria".
Alexandria is always
called "My Very Best Friend, Alexandria"
Never, just Alexandria.
Or Ally.
Or Alex.
Or Al.
Always, and only,
"My Very Best Friend, Alexandria"
I am so happy Charlotte has
a very best friend at school.
Very Best Friend Alexandria,
has all the qualities Charlotte admires.
Smarts, big opinions, an outgoing attitude,
and a hint of bossiness.
I couldn't help but smile in her personality
choice for a very best friend.
Alarmingly similar to sister Lily.
Very Best Friend Alexandria, asked if it was OK
if she called me Mom.
That was fine with me.
She said her and Charlotte are school sisters,
so I had to be Mom,
to them both,
when I was at school.
There is another Charlotte in Charlotte's class.
So they call my Charlotte,
Charlotte L.
I asked if anyone at school calls her Ceci.
She said no.
"Everybody calls me Charlotte.
Except my very best friend, Alexandria.
She calls me Sis.
Because we are sisters.
For real."
For real."
Oh, I know you are, Baby.
Charlotte dressed as Merida,
the newest Disney Princess from Brave.
It was a perfect choice
for her curly head.
And kismet that she found the costume at Costco,
back in August.
Only 1 left.
In her size!
I think this is the second year,
that has worked out for us.
I remember the same story,
with the Ladybug costume.
Lily's choice was to be a Gangster!
Not the nowadays Gangsta,
but full on Roaring Gangster.
I loved her choice!
The opposite of Princess.
The head of Lily's PTA happens to also
have a son that goes to Charlotte's school,
and is in her class.
We were both volunteering that day.
I joked that she has my number on speed dial
and its not from my generous volunteer schedule,
but instead because I need to be reminded
that the checks were due yesterday,
and there is only 10 minutes left for pie pick up,
and did I happen to forget,
the fundraiser schedule again?
I explained my new job.
She laughed it all off and said she is amazed,
that I make it all look easy.
I laughed and showed her how.
I saw this adorable goodie on the table,
and said I was going to take a picture and put it on
Facebook, with no mention
about who actually made it.
Let everyone assume it was me.
And so I did.
Isn't it cute?
I will pin it to my Pinterest Board,
which is practically the same as making it myself.
I am amazing in my Pinterest mind!
The funny part about this day,
is that I was playing
both parent,
and business associate.
After Charlotte's party,
I had a friendly business lunch scheduled.
I attended lunch looking like this.
My lunch guest was understanding,
but I found the whole thing...
hilarious/ridiculous/humbling/normal/
totallynotnormal/perfect
hilarious/ridiculous/humbling/normal/
totallynotnormal/perfect
We promised Bridget,
we would go back to the old hood
and trick or treat with them.
It seemed like the perfect idea,
since Halloween was a favorite holiday
we celebrated with the Shooters.
It is the occasion,
that gave us the nickname,
Lowe Pokes.
Our current neighbors were thoughtful enough
to stop by our house before we left,
so we could all enjoy each other
before our departure.
How cute are they?
The day was pouring rain,
in the most miserable way.
Lily told us the rain would stop from 5 pm - 6 pm.
Darin said, no.
He watched the radar and it was going to rain
the whole time, but we were dedicated
trick or treaters and would make the best of it.
I said, I think I have to house sit for Bridget,
and stay dry and warm.
But somehow despite my best attempts to
watch the house from the comfort of the couch,
there we were with umbrellas and boots and mud.
And like clockwork at 5 pm,
we put our umbrella's away.
I had a cup of chili in my hand,
as we walked
our old hood.
Bridget and I held hands
and yelled at our kids to get out of the road,
and don't forget to say thank you,
as we whispered our secrets,
in between the necessary parental shout outs.
We wondered if maybe Shooty,
had a little pull with the weather,
and I wondered if maybe Lily
was privy to his secret surprise.
Gone, but not forgotten, Mr. Shooter.
We were all bathed and in bed on time,
for school and work the following day.
It was a wonderful Halloween.
Now, what to do with all this candy, Friends?

No comments:
Post a Comment