Labels

Friday, November 19, 2010

Designers Challenge?

Lily suggested we create a TV for her the other day, so she could produce her very own iCarly webshow. Of course we watch iCarly and of course its too old for her, please I beg you to look past this and not judge. We recorded the cutest of all shows, including on this special day when iCarly (aka iLily) was giving away "ONE BRAND NEW KITTY!" to the audience member that could answer the secret question!




Here is a picture Lily drew. I think it is so cute. Obviously (as if you can't tell), its our friends', Brock, Megan, Gage, and the expected baby girl they are having, along with us Lowe Family. Can ANYONE guess which figure is Lily? Here's a hint ("curly hair like me!")


We anticipated visiting many of our friends last weekend, which was interupted by Charlotte's bout of croup (and yes she is feeling much better, thanks all). Alas, we had prepared a little treat for each friend. Lily decorated the bags with what she KNEW was each kids' favorite color. She included stickers on the bag, which she KNEW was that child's favorite cartoons and such, and then I added names. For the babies, she included a post it note and offering to teach them to spell their name, like she can. What a generous and thoughtful Lily Lowe, I have! I beam with pride!

Our first family preschool project. Thank Goodness for the welcome papparazzi of Uncle S!


Our cherry on top cupcake!


I am not about to compete with the real design blogs I have been stalking now that work is slow, (just between us girls of course!) But yet, I want to share a bit of what we do when we aren't out and about "doing something". We have created a bit of fabulousness right here in our home everyday! We were gifted with new cook books (thank you Great A&U K&B), and ta-da our first cupcake creation from these new books! I, personally, think its absolutely darling and Darin reports its the best frosting he has ever had! Homemade, nonetheless.
In addition we now have to do "homework" since starting preschool. Like every other over anxious mom of a first born I wanted to make sure we gave our "best in show" for our first assignment. Oh wait, competition wasn't really the point of this first assignment you say? Umm, don't tell me that. I won't hear of it. Ok, whatever, I think we also enjoyed the other points of working together and creativity and togetherness and whatnot. Mostly, I am so (embarassed) happy I freaked about a family preschool project, because it means my problems are little and my worries no big deal. I hate to say I am so blessed, because its so...you know...but really I am blessed. Sometimes I am not at my best and I find stuff to complain about, but really, as you can see, there is little time for sorrow in a life that is so happy and healthy and safe.
Well by now the first assignment is old news. We have homework weekly, and book club orders, and school picture forms. WHAT?! It seems very much like the "real deal". Lucky for me, my skills in list-making are suddenly coming to fruition! The hard part now, for me, is letting Lily do her work herself! I am so excited about all this homework, its hard not to take over. In fact, as she handed in her assignment today she literally said to the teacher "My mom made it." and it was true. She helped, but really I did it. We learned from (what mostly I ) we created, but still. Ok. I get the point Lily. And I do. Next one is all hers (with my help) instead of the reverse. Its just so fun!

1 comment:

The Gootch said...

One day she'll be delighted to hand in the homework and pretend she DID do it - but my guess is that if it requires glue and cutting paper and assembly you will always be pressed to remove yourself. And I'm really just talking about me. I CANNOT wait until we (she) have (has) crafty school projects for me to do!

My Blog List

Blog Archive