Labels

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Littlest Pet Shop

Every Tuesday I attend a work meeting from my home office.
Charlotte is napping and Lily is (at times) bribed to keep to herself for 30 - 45 minutes.
TV is a wonderful bribe.
Ice cream works.
A promise to keep a place in heaven is effective.
(Just kidding on this last one.)
A promise that she won't be grounded for the rest of her life is always appropriate.
I use all sorts of manipulations for the needed "professional" atmosphere.
I am not above any. If it works, in this moment, its for me.
"Sure Love, go ahead and flood the bathroom! Just have fun! Be quiet! I love you!"
I am always come out entertained by her choices when I see what she has done when left alone.
I always walk into some sort of surprise.
The good. The bad. And the ugly.
Last Tuesday was a scene that looked like this...
Creepy, right?
Yet kinda sorta adorable?
"What is this Lily?"
"A pet shop!' she replies and I LOL.I like how each animal is displayed as a stepping stone and on a different level.
I think we can work on our Animal Rights, and Minimal Packaging efforts,
which is great. Because I can see she is not ready for a pet.
And neither am I.
And I am asked daily if she can get a hamster, a bunny, a puppy, a kitty for Christmas.
And the answer remains NO!
Did you hear that "Santas?"
NO!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive