Darin and his Dad golfed on Father's Day morning while us girls slept in and enjoyed a big, fat breakfast (my favorite kind including vats of perfectly cooked bacon) at the hotel.
Followed by a darling amusement park in Green Bay.
We had so much fun!
So Grandma took Lily on the beloved Scrambler ride and as the ride was just starting it started to pour buckets of water from the sky.
Charlotte and I witnessed from the safety of a souvenior shop.
I saw Grandma motion to the operator to get off.
It was too late.
And there she was.
Getting Scrambled in the pouring rain with nothing to do but wait for the end.
She did it with a smile!
When it was over Lily ran into the gift shop announcing how "awesome" it was to do the Scrambler in the rain.
Then came Grandma.
Drenched.
These are the moments made for Grandparents,
because I wasn't about it have any of it.
Grandma rushed in and just loved Lily's enthusiasm about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment