Charlotte and I were invited to attend "Field Day" at Lily's school. Its a day where the kids get outside and try many (old school) PE activities. Do you remember "THE PARACHUTE?" Always a favorite in my elementary school!
I was most proud of Lily for reasons beyond her ability or there lack of in PE activities. I was thrilled to watch her, in her school environment, take Charlotte's hand and include her in every activity. "It takes a village" and Lily has been a major leader in this village of raising Charlotte. Lily was so proud to have her sister there. Charlotte was so thrilled to be part of the big kid activities. This is a day that will stay in my memory forever. My young, innocent, sweet girls, running the playground hand in hand like nothing else mattered. And nothing else mattered. To them or to me. They had each other. I must stop now. The memory just brings me to tears everytime. I am the proudest Mama on earth. I do not do it all right. I may not do anything right. But I did birth them. And they have each other. And I am proud of that.
And these girls, with Charlotte's coaching skills nearly won the three legged race!
They nearly won, that is, in the lead the whole time, before toppling over each other in laughter before the finish line. That was just a step above winning. Such dear friends working together and above all having fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment