Labels

Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy 80th Busha!

My Grandma Lensmire turned 80 and we threw her a surprise party.

Here she is with her favorite granddaughters.

We each think we are the favorite.

And I think we are all right.

But I have her wedding dress.

So I win.



Lily calls her Busha, Polish speak for Grandma.

She is Busha to many, as you can see.

(Lily and Charlotte are probably her favorites)


Her surprise party was following her pontoon ride with her kids and ended at a bar with all her children, many grandchildren, and a swarm of great grandchildren. In Wisconsin you can take your kids to the bar in the afternoon and party as a family. Its wonderful! They even played a Happy Birthday Polka in her honor. As you can see from the picture below, no one was having any fun at all.



We were the honored out of town guests that stayed with Busha. I treasure her home. It was also her mother's home. And she was born in the house across the drive way from hers. Her garden and yard is enchanted. I took far too many pictures, because with Grandpa gone she thinks about moving before my next visit. I never want to forget this sacred space. I remember visiting my Great Grandma in the very same place.


Aren't we lucky? 4 Generations together.

Charlotte and Busha were wearing the same purple crocs.

"Style" is ageless :)


While in the area we visited every family member we could. My childhood was brought back to me. This time I had new eyes. I am inspired by Aunt Louise's country life on the farm. I am inspired by Aunt Louise. Period. She meditates. She runs. She nurtures her home. She mothers her grown up children. She knows how to have fun. I love her. My mom's younger sister. She reminds me of my BFF Julie.

They both take pleasure in the simpler things.




I am not going to tell these guys that they will make a great soup in the future.


Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

This Mama goat has babies crying in the barn. I can relate. Glad she took a moment to step outside and greet us.

Growing up in the farmland of Wisconsin (and a fear of cows) I am delighted I landed in a Chicago suburb. Driving down a country road now gives me a thrill I took for granted in my younger years. Isn't it fun to be able to say to yourself "if I knew then what I know now?"

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive