Labels

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy 35th Care Communications at Trump Tower

My company and I are the same age. 35 years old. If you haven't already read about the love and affection I have for my company you can find it here and here and here. Just kidding.


I don't know how to actually link you to my old posts. I told you in the previous post about my lack of skillz.


Anyway, if you are reading this, and you are the three of you that I think you are, you, indeed already know. For my company's (Care Communications) 35th Anniversary we had a party at the Trump Tower in Chicago. This was cool.


More cool is that my founder and CEO has bcome a dear friend of mine, and we got her and hubby a town car ride to and from the city that day.


I just love the idea of my CEO, Leslie Fox (who wrote a book! you should read! find it here, just kidding, weed back through the old posts and you will find it)


I digress...this woman...Leslie, a pioneer in her industry and a total light of a person, so humble, so grounded, on this day to have a fancy pants party in her honor and a ride in and out of town like the celebrity she is, to me was awesome!


I have been with the company for 9 years now.


Switching roles and bosses and schedules through newlywed life, first baby, second baby, first born starting school and on and on.


Charlotte will be starting preschool in the fall and Lily will be in full day first grade.


Who knows what's next for me?


I love that I am able to learn and grow more everyday, even as my work hours decrease. Care Communications, and every boss and co worker I have had, has helped me through these major life changes by remaining a constant support in my life.


Always there. (TG I have a job!)
Always flexible to my life needs.


I celebrate Care Communications!


I especially celebrate a few that have made this happen for me:


Leslie Fox, CEO of Care Communications, and friend of mine.


And my smartest challenge on the game of Scrabble.


I admit I hope age is on my side with this one, and there will come a day when I lose less than 100 points to The EverMightyAlwaysKickingMy A$$of Leslie


View of Chicago at Trump Tower


Kathy, VP of Operations. Former Boss. Forever Sister. We find ourselves having so much fun and getting in so much trouble. Always. She is also known as "The Beacon" at Care. She is brilliant. Radiant.




Julie! My best work friend. I met her when she was hired as a consultant. I was 9 months pregnant with Lily. She told me I was the prettiest pregnant person she had ever met. She tells this story over and over again about how I didn't even look pregnant from the front or the back, and then I turned to the side and there was this glorious belly. Obviously, flattery will win me over every time. Keep talking Julie! Since then we have found ourselves in a handful of hairy situations, and we have always found our way out. If I was on a desert island. I choose Julie to be with me. We can laugh and be honest with each other. And that is what friendship is about.




Roberta. My muse. My mentor. My who-I-wanna-be-when-I grow-up. Except as you can see, Roberta doesn't age at all. She is the kind of woman that makes everyone want to be in her presence. Old, young, male, female, this or that. She is just IT. She tells it like it is. She is bold and confident in every move she makes. She is also so dear and open and honest that you can relate. She is the most generous person I have ever met. In the work way, she has allowed me to take over her previous sales role so she could take a risk and move and grow herself and our company. On a personal level, a birthday in our house hasn't passed without a very thoughtful gift from Roberta. Plus she lives near Hollywood. But of course.







Dessert!

Coat Check





No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive