Labels

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lucky Strike and Public Service Announcement




We went bowling for the first time as a family. I hate bowling. Anyway, we went to Lucky Strike and wanted lunch prior to the sport. We were seated by a hostess at Lucky Strike and proceeded to sit for more than 20 minutes without being noticed (how you go unnoticed in a nearly empty dining space with 2 impatient children and 1 impatient mom is beside me, but alas...) I told the hostess our concern, she brushed it off with a weak "oh sorry!" We returned after a lovely lunch elsewhere and bowled. Lily had so much fun enjoyed carrying a ball, rolling it down the ramp, and playing with Daddy (although never had the attention span to see the outcome of what her ball did!). Darin, on the other hand, was in heaven with his own ball and the Sunday NFL games surrounding him. I didn't play (as in aforementioned hate bowling) and took pictures and tender care of sleeping Charlotte instead. Upon return home I emailed Lucky Strike to tell them of our unfortunate customer service experience (first time ever I have formally complained to anyone) and was replied immediately by the manager with an apology+ 2 hours+ 2 lanes and $75 worth of food and drink on him. I have now become a fan of bowling...So to our friends in the area let us know when you are available for a bowling extravaganza!

In other news, as you can see Lily continues to be an artist in anyway she can...on paper or bathtubs. And Charlotte has new pj's and rolls in action and shares her smiles all around.
We had a visit with our dear 95 year old neighbor, Evelyn, the other day. So just as it was when I took a picture of Lily and Evelyn a few years ago, it was on this day as I took a picture of Charlotte and Evelyn. The oldest and youngest people I know. Together. And I think...Life = amazing. Right? At any stage. Here we are.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive