Grandma and me. Obviously 86 is the new 56! Isn't she stylish? And she can still own a dance floor! My True American Idol.
Auntie Em, channelling Audrey Hepburn.

The centerpieces, apples included!

Sleepy baby love and me rocking on the boat
The Herwig dynasty
We attended my cousin Neil's wedding the other weekend. What a good excuse to get together with family! In my previously mentioned "decluttering" I had apparently misplaced the invite (but ironically knew where to find the save the date?)...yes I am a bit scattered in my paperwork hiding places these days. Its a mystery...as was this wedding to me. A complete mystery. In the best way. After a few phone calls and a previously arranged weekend waterpark ticket, I figured out where to go. A boat dock. Be there by 2 pm. Its all I knew.
We arrived and were greeted by the happy and handsome groom and promptly ecsorted to a boat. When I say boat, I mean, a double decker boat and pretty ride in the fall colors along the Wisonsin River. We docked by a pretty rock in the sun and the princess bride escorted by two pretty daughters dressed in red satin came walking along to meet her groom and their new stepdad while the rest of us watched from the boat.
The wedding was so beautiful and intimate and personal. I got to know the couple, their story, their apple theme (first kiss date), their Star Wars recessional, and the beauty in blending their families together.
From there we continued to cruise the river until we got to our "spot". Our "spot" was a tiki torch lit pathway up a hill and through the the rocks until we reached...a cave, not really but it felt like it, instead a beautiful stone building filled with wine and a tent for dinner and dancing to follow a few steps above. It really was enchanting and outdoorsy, like the bride and groom.
Lily learned to dance the YMCA and Chicken Dance and boy did we have fun!
Thank you Kristen and Neil for the invite to such a special event. Best wishes for a sweet, crisp, happily, ever after!

No comments:
Post a Comment