Charlotte is 5 months now, and outgrowing her clothes faster than I can replace them! I just bought 6-9 month size pj's, then brought them home only to realize they didn't fit. AT ALL. Wouldn't even zip up half a leg! So I returned to Target today (for the third day in a row!!) and searched for 12 month jammies. To my surprise and bewilderment after circling and circling the baby section I realized they weren't there. 12 month sizes are in the little girl clothes!!! OMG! Already no longer a baby?? Wasn't she just born?? I am embarassed to admit, I really did shed some tears on my car ride home.
Charlotte is not only outgrowing her clothes, but learning a handful of new tricks: she rolls and rolls, right off her blanket, then cries if she is stuck on her tummy and can't figure out how she got there or how to get back. She LOVES to eat. I can't shovel the food in fast enough. Turns out my little Buddha baby does have an opinion when it comes to eating, she likes...a lot...and fast! And due to her new menu she is also enjoying sticking out her tongue and making all sorts of cute sounds. She grabs her toys and examines them with thorough attention from her eyes, ears, hands, and mouth. Most importantly, everything Lily does makes her laugh. And in return, Lily does everything to make her laugh. Lily is for sure Charlotte's other mommy. Their relationship continues to be sweet, without a hint of jealously or resentment (yet?). Lily's fashion choices bring smiles everywhere we go. On this particular day was a doctor visit, and they asked if she had a ballet recital...it brought giggles when I told them "no, this is our everyday wear!" Lily brought a giggle to me yesterday when she said she was "so sick of cleaning up after herself!" Yes, Little Lil, I know the feeling :)
Charlotte is not only outgrowing her clothes, but learning a handful of new tricks: she rolls and rolls, right off her blanket, then cries if she is stuck on her tummy and can't figure out how she got there or how to get back. She LOVES to eat. I can't shovel the food in fast enough. Turns out my little Buddha baby does have an opinion when it comes to eating, she likes...a lot...and fast! And due to her new menu she is also enjoying sticking out her tongue and making all sorts of cute sounds. She grabs her toys and examines them with thorough attention from her eyes, ears, hands, and mouth. Most importantly, everything Lily does makes her laugh. And in return, Lily does everything to make her laugh. Lily is for sure Charlotte's other mommy. Their relationship continues to be sweet, without a hint of jealously or resentment (yet?). Lily's fashion choices bring smiles everywhere we go. On this particular day was a doctor visit, and they asked if she had a ballet recital...it brought giggles when I told them "no, this is our everyday wear!" Lily brought a giggle to me yesterday when she said she was "so sick of cleaning up after herself!" Yes, Little Lil, I know the feeling :)

No comments:
Post a Comment