I had the opportunity to attend my annual work convention in Seattle this year. I had the best time ever!!! There I was walking around like a tourist, taking pictures of everything that touched my soul (I guess I wanted to be part of the artsy hip
pie vibe I was feeling, see the pics for yourself!)
I delighted in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes around me. The highlights were (of course) Pike's Place Market, Snoqualmie Falls, and Chateau St. Michelle Winery. I ate steak, crab, salmon, shrimp, scallops, halibut, and lamb chops. I had wine before every dinner and dessert after every meal. I had coffee so good I looked forward to waking up. Someone made my bed and tidied my room every day. I slept, read, walked, prayed, ran, and enjoyed uninterrupted adult conversation. I met new people and learned about my industry. I made important professional connections. I can not believe I got paid to do this! It was a much needed retreat from time outs, laundry, ABC's, diapers and whining.
And then the day before my departure I felt a hole in my heart and ached in pain to be back home to the tight breath stopping hugs, the sweet soft cheeks and the silly giggles of Darin...
Haha, of course Darin, but really of my little baby girls! I had heard of their adventures while I was away and realized they needed me. (no wonder I needed the break?!) What I didn't realize until I was running toward baggage claim upon my arrival with butterflies in my tummy and tears in my eyes is that perhaps I need them even more. It was the best escape. But its even better to be back to mac-n-cheese, hide-n-seek, and pak-n-play. I hope you enjoy the pics :)
pie vibe I was feeling, see the pics for yourself!)
I delighted in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes around me. The highlights were (of course) Pike's Place Market, Snoqualmie Falls, and Chateau St. Michelle Winery. I ate steak, crab, salmon, shrimp, scallops, halibut, and lamb chops. I had wine before every dinner and dessert after every meal. I had coffee so good I looked forward to waking up. Someone made my bed and tidied my room every day. I slept, read, walked, prayed, ran, and enjoyed uninterrupted adult conversation. I met new people and learned about my industry. I made important professional connections. I can not believe I got paid to do this! It was a much needed retreat from time outs, laundry, ABC's, diapers and whining.
And then the day before my departure I felt a hole in my heart and ached in pain to be back home to the tight breath stopping hugs, the sweet soft cheeks and the silly giggles of Darin...
Haha, of course Darin, but really of my little baby girls! I had heard of their adventures while I was away and realized they needed me. (no wonder I needed the break?!) What I didn't realize until I was running toward baggage claim upon my arrival with butterflies in my tummy and tears in my eyes is that perhaps I need them even more. It was the best escape. But its even better to be back to mac-n-cheese, hide-n-seek, and pak-n-play. I hope you enjoy the pics :)

No comments:
Post a Comment