Labels

Friday, May 7, 2010

Nanna and Papa

For those of you out there that have parents that live near you (or with you?), I ENVY you! I got a taste of what this would be like, when my parents stayed with us this week. The girls got so much love and entertainment and attention and I... got to catch a breath. I didn't change a diaper or get up early in the morning with Little Ceci for days! The girls got baths every other day and their teeth brushed and their hair combed and I didn't do a lick of this. I woke up to the coffee made, the house tidy, the girls dressed, breakfast done, the computer problems fixed, and the light bulbs replaced. We had 2 extra sets of hands and hearts and hugs to get us through our day. We tag teamed to drop the girls off at Daycare and pick them up, or take Lily to preschool and pick her up on the days I worked. I had my most favorite company to hang with on the days I was home. D and I got to spend our time cooking together and hosting our guests, while the grandparents played with our kids. I know it is creepy to say this, and maybe someday it would get old, but after our lovely visit... I nearly do wish my parents lived with me. My parents are the best. They are my best friends. They are my biggest and best support system. They are my childrens favorites. They are good and easy and loyal folks that D and I depend on. They are dedicated to us. Especially ME, their child. I am 34 years old. I see, this parenting job goes on and on. Thank Goodness for me to have my parents. Thank Goodness for me to get to be Lily and Ceci's Mommy until the end of time, even when they are 34.

Get out and play in Lombard = The Lilac Village




Nanna and Papa Pile Up candid...






Two Second borns together! Does birth order determine your amount of sweetness?





Tree of Life





Lombard Lilacs









awww cute!










Happy 62nd birthday Papa! Nevermind our Costco-bought cake with handmade decorations including a never used, 5 and 1 candle...51 + 11 = Happy Birthday Papa!










No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive