It wasn't enough to host Christmas. To end the bittersweet goodbye of my family... I turned around and hosted a New Years gathering. Our friends' from Texas (Wade and Megan) and Megan's best friend (Brianna, who happens to be Brock's sister, and hubby Steve), and of course Brock and Megan all honored us by their visit. So as I (in Lily's words) would say, there we were with all our "cousins". We got two responsible and adorable babysitters for the 10 kids between us to spend the night, and went out for a grown up dinner.
We got home immediately before midnight and, as to be expected, Gage and Lily ran down and joined the babysitters in a Sprite toast, and the rest of us in a raspberry plus champagne toast. Dancing and hugging and kissing to an Auld Lang Syne club mix.
THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO SPEND THE FIRST MOMENTS OF THE NEW YEAR THAN SURROUNDED IN LOVE WITH SUCH FINE FOLKS! If this is a sign for my year to come,I am going to be quite happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment