Labels

Monday, August 31, 2009

Retro-versary-Happy 7 Years D!

Dream date Notice Darin's shirt and wedding band? Really classing it up!


Photo thanks to Lily




Darin and I just celebrated our 7 year anniversary. Let's be honest...we nearly forgot about it. So we had no plans. Isn't that sad? Well we quickly made up for it by deciding to go to dinner. We were both busy at work that day and I said..."email me some options and I will pick." He responded with "The Olive Garden." I laughed and laughed. This was were we had our very first date. A PERFECT choice and it fit the requirements = on the way home from daycare, kid friendly, serves wine. I stopped at home to pick him up before we went to get the girls together. I walked in the door to see him wearing the shirt he wore at our rehearsal dinner 7 years ago! I laughed and rolled my eyes, as it is with D and I, and any of you that have spent any time with us, know this. He smiled and affirmed he did it for me and the exact reaction he got from me. "Retro-versary!!!" he said. So I suggested he wear his wedding band for the first time in 7 years and he did. I was shocked he even knew where it was! True love forever (TLF). We were on our way. When we got to the restaurant, I asked Lily to take our picture and suggested if she could get in the Olive Garden sign, without stepping into the parking lot and risking her life that would be great. I thought it was an impossible request. Nope. Nothing is impossible with Lily. She pushed us back and posed us and actually got the picture I requested!

Towards the end of dinner Charlotte was getting antsy so Darin took the girls outside (TLF) and I finished my glass of wine in quiet. Oh, I confess, I did consider ordering another and remaining where I was in the quiet, but didn't. Instead, paid the bill and joined the family. You see,these days, this is what TLF is. The next day I made immediate plans for a babysitter and a real date with my dear husband for Saturday. This time we enjoyed one another minus interuption.
We have been so busy in the process of cleaning out our house in preparation to move. In this process we have done some reminiscing in finding all our old love notes to one another. We were just so infatuated. Its hard to remain in that state forever and I am not sure you want to. Its hard to even remember. However, its affirming to know we were there. And now we have something different, and its not love notes (most of the time) Once in a while we email, I suppose. But even better is that Darin has learned to make coffee in the morning when he gets up early with the girls and I sleep in. Darin doesn't even drink coffee so this is TLF. And at times I suggest he take a Friday afternoon to go play golf with buddies and stay as long as he would like while I do the home stuff without question or guilt. I love a Friday night out more than anyone, so this is TLF. And TLF is when we do get some time alone, there we are all giddy and flirty like old times (I thinkI was really flipping my hair on our date!) . Darin makes me laugh harder and understands me and "us" more than anyone. I am lucky to have him for my companion on this road of life. And every once in awhile I want to stop the world and melt with him. I think we have it pretty good. TLF, some would say.
Happy Retro-Versary Us!

1 comment:

The Gootch said...

TLF indeed! You are two lucky ducks.

My Blog List

Blog Archive