Friends,
I am not a dog person.
I didn't grow up with a dog.
They make me twitchy.
Scared.
Live animals, for goodness sakes!
And they stink.
Fact.
Their breath, fur, food, farts,
whathaveyou.
Eww to all of it.
Dogs are not for me.
No animals are for me,
unless they are in the zoo.
Behind cages.
With a paid clean up crew.
I can ooh and aww
over the baby animal from a safe distance.
I always say to animal lover friends,
"I would never hurt an animal,
but I don't want them in my bed."
Its my tagline,
to try to be nice friends with dog lovers,
because I never got it.
Meet Rocky,
who isn't allowed upstairs,
and just spooned with me,
in my bed,
for an hour nap this weekend.
Its. Over.
I'm in love.
The girls picked the best dog for me.
He's so smart.
Smart enough to ring a bell
to go outside on Day 2.
Smart enough to ring a bell,
simply because he wants a treat by month 2.
Fake potty-ing for more treats.
All evening long.
Darn dog.
He's super inconvenient,
as to be expected.
He has been the greatest blessing
to my surprise and delight.
#Ahhrrmygawdlookatthatface!
Rocky makes me see the world with new eyes.
I walk him every morning at 6 am,
with neighbors and other dogs.
Because of him,
I see the sunrise.
Everyday.
I see houses and trees, and things,
that I have never noticed before.
He is my own personal fan club.
He always wants to be with me.
Even when I am awful
and I don't even want to be with me.
He is standing attention,
paying attention to me!
My moods, my tone, my voice.
He gets me.
He looks at me with that sweet
"why you gotta go bat shit crazy about laundry,
its only laundry"
look about him,
and I am immediately happier for knowing him,
and kindly pointing this out to me.
You know how I love infant babies?
(as in I always want one)
Well, Rocky made me realize,
I can't always have an infant baby in my arms,
but I can always have a puppy to hold on my lap.
Plus, I can put him in a crate and go get my nails done, so its way easier.
The best part?
Everyone in the house
has to pick up after themselves.
Not because I am preaching to deaf ears,
but because Rocky will gladly chew it
and I will throw it away.
(or trow it away, as in Grandma Busha speak)
This dog has changed my life.
I am a better person for having him.
Rocky and I, inspired my Bestie Julie,
who is smaller and cuter than me,
to get a puppy,
that is smaller and cuter than Rocky.
And my neighbor Paige,
who is cleaner and more sanitized than me,
has gotten a new puppy too,
who happens to be Rocky's best friend.
Rocky and my love story,
has moved people in my circle.
They say, "if Heather can do it, ok, us too!"
I'm now an advocate for dogs everywhere.
Dog people are better people.
Just sayin'.
We are still working on our selfie poses.
Neither of us are very good at this.
And Dear God, I love him,
but I don't really want his mouth on mine,
I saw the dead squirrel it was on during
our walk this morning.
Ewww.
My beautiful puppy,
is a live animal.
He stinks.
I can't leave for the weekend.
Darin keeps having to remind me of this part.
He's an added chaos to our
already chaotic and busy life.
And...
I don't regret getting him,
for a second.
The girls really are holding true to their
plea, about helping out.
We are all learning to love bigger.
Darin has another man in the house.
Darin is the dog whisperer,
like I am the baby whisperer,
and it is sweet of him,
to let Rocky be mine,
because naturally, Rocky loves D.
I get why they call it puppy love.
It is the greatest love!
It is the greatest love!

No comments:
Post a Comment