Friends,
I find it hard to believe that both Lily
and Charlotte are now the oldest
grades in their schools.
Charlotte was thrilled to go back to school.
She's an overachiever when it
comes to academics.
Requesting summer homework,
extra homework,
playing school at home at every opportunity.
She wants to be a teacher when she grows up.
So no surprise,
that this year for the first time,
there were no tears on the first day of school.
Only excitement,
to start a brand new year of learning.
I am proud when I fill out
the first day forms for her.
the first day forms for her.
Gladly reporting,
she is an engaged student,
has a curiosity about learning,
and is always a model for other students to follow.
She has a wonderful teacher,
again this year,
again this year,
whom I already love.
I love all teachers, really.
The way they look into your child's eyes
each morning,
genuinely asking them how they are doing.
Charlotte came home from her second day,
declaring she was on "outstanding"
that day.
The only one in class to make it this high
on the behavior chart.
But of course.
My Charlotte.
I think most of my school days,
were spent on the
"ready to learn"
middle area of the behavior chart.
Or maybe
"talks too much during class."
Whatever.
I am happy I have outstanding
offspring.
Here's to the beauty
of new beginnings,
for a new year full of high hopes!

No comments:
Post a Comment