Friends,
In an effort to make more memories,
I planned something big.
Charlotte's first concert, Kelly Clarkson.
Remember Lily's first concert was also
Kelly Clarkson a few years ago?
I invited Hannah and Bailey,
and it was there first concert too.
I got $25 tickets on Groupon.
So cheap.
So I did the obvious and splurged on a limo,
so we could really live like rockstars.
Being with my bestie and my baby
really made me happy!
Kids these days...
We took that limo to the Sonic drive up.
Because that is just sort of hilarious.
Order whatever you want!
Onion rings? Yes!
Nerd shake? Yes, make it 2!
Cheeseburger? A double!
It felt good to say yes to everything instead of no.
I was indulging in champagne after all.
Every employee came out to see us and showed off on their skateboards, so we had our very own show right there.
We could get used to the celebrity lifestyle.
But like any True Hollywood story,
then came the down fall.
We checked in and went to find our seats.
The nosebleeds, no surprise.
It didn't matter,
as long as we were together.
Except as we got closer,
I realized our tickets were not together.
I knew this Groupon deal was too good to be true.
Not to panic we headed to the spot where we had the most seats and decided to
figure it our from there.
On our way, Julie caught a security guard,
and let him know of our confusion.
He came up to me and I showed him the tickets and pleaded,
"we just want to sit together!"
"You are lucky you found me," he said
as he pulled out 6 tickets and handed them to me.
I threw my arms around him
and cried THANK YOU!!!
Lily hugged him and told him she loved him.
Then we went down the stairs,
and again,
and again,
until we landed in our new seats.
Together.
4 rows up from the floor.
Oh. M. Gee.
And we sang and danced and cried and hugged
all night long.
Someone came on stage and sang
"Go Rest High on the Mountain",
which was my Dad's funeral song,
and I swear it was being sung just for me,
as I held my baby and sang along
at her first show,
while making eyes with Julie
and laughing through our tears.
Happy First Concert, Charlotte!
We made a video of our own,
you can find it here.
Let's just say,
this night rocked.
Make memories, Friends.
Say yes.
Get a limo.
Add bubbly.
Sing I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment