Labels

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Party

We attended a Halloween Party in the hood. We started on one block with games at every house and then a hay ride to the final house a block away. Here was the agenda: Ring toss on bones in a yard, golf ball throw into pumpkins, freeze dance (to songs like Ghostbusters, Thriller and other goodies), ghost sucker hunt, team savanger hunt,donut on a string eat off, apple bobbing, outdoor kid friendly Halloween movie with 5 crocks of chili and all the fixins.

Lily went as a peacock. 
Its just like her to have a unique (read: near impossible) request.
Her last project in kindergarten was an animal report.
She choose peacock.
Her first project in first grade was to use dots to make something. She made a peacock.
Maybe unrelated, but one time a long time ago, I asked my friend Cathie if I was an animal what animal would I be?
She answered peacock.
So I am thrilled with Lily's new obsession.
Lily doesn't know the aforementioned story.
Hula hoop is The It Thing on the playground at school.
My girl has practiced her butt off in the name of vanity and popularity and now has some mad hipster skillz.

Charlotte originally wanted to be "sunshine".  I was freaking about how I would create that costume, but never told her.  Good thing because weeks later she changed her mind.  She wanted to be Cinderella.  And a regular trip to Costco offered the answer with ONE Cinderella costume.  And just our luck it was size 4.
Meant to be for our tidy little princess.


 Darin and I went as Al and Peg Bundy.  Those that watched the show loved his Polk High/Bundy 33 shirt.
Those that didn't thought I was just another mom using Halloween as an opportunity to dress like a tramp.
 We signed up to offer a kid friendly side dish to accompany the chili fest.
Mummy dogs it was.
A crowd pleaser and the first empty plate at the buffet table!
 Lily won a bronze medal in the freeze dance competition.
She was thrilled having only been beat by 2 almost TEENAGE girls (idols)
 And just days before the party we were informed that C's bestie Adrie was also going as Cinderella.
But of course.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive