Labels

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Lowe Family Circus did a traveling show for Thanksgiving and visited with Nanna, Papa, Auntie Sue (sie), Uncle Jake, and Great Grandpa Gauthier in Broomfield, Colorado for the holiday. It was a vacation (meaning I let go and relaxed for the first time since bedrest)! I have included a few highlights which barely scratch the surface on the fun we had.


Sunny and 70 degrees everyday.

A healing view of the mountains.

Almost enough Scrabble and card games to last the whole year through.

Trimming the tree.

Spa-like baths in a huge jacuzzi tub.

Many movies while cuddling in front of the fireplace.

Naps for everyone.

Microbrew beers.

Doting Grandparents.

Light the Lights Ceremony in Denver.

Swimming.

Rock climbing walls.

And, yes just for D, even a little football watching!

Oh did I mention the food?



Uncle Jake and Lily have a few things in common = sweet smiles, crazy hair and a preference to be barefoot most of the time!



Special Thank you Nanna for everything!


Official carver (with apron stringed chef in the background!)


Fly Girls



I have found no better way to entertain an 18 month old than a sucker. Real Mom's out there please, feel free to offer a better suggestion than this. I dare you!




Adventures with Daddy Auntie Sue and me...how about our matching pose, eh?



Thanks the support of L, C, and Nanna I made it to the top on my second try...on a much harder wall than this one! And in case you are wondering...yes I'll do it again!



Lily is a teenager at home, so the innocent excitment and "Mama was this your ornament when you were my age?" type questions were dear...while trimming Nanna and Papa's tree, acting once again like the 4 year old its easy to forget she is.


Games, games, games...of the card playing kind (don't worry D has a direct view of the other games on TV) hence the smiles...


Denver County Court House, Light the Lights Ceremony




Imagine me and you. I do. I think about it day and night. Its only right. So happy together...



Lowe Family Parade of Lights (just kidding!)


Its begining to look a lot like Christmas!




One look at this pic below and the world is alright with me!




Warm and cozy




Perhaps you can't see the mountains in the background, you'll just have to take my word for it!


Great Grandpa Gauthier...when asked at dinner if he wanted us to pass the stuffing, "Grandpa, do you like dressing?" He responded "yes, especially in the winter!" Humor at any age = THE Secret!


This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!


1 comment:

Cathie said...

I wish we could have been there! It sounds fabulous!

My Blog List

Blog Archive