This is my most favorite Christmas season ever. Yes, I know it just started. But it is the best. I think because I am newly addicted to hot yoga. Hot yoga is technically 90 minutes, 26 poses, and 2 breathing exercises in 105 degrees at 40% humidity. A sweaty torture chamber of fumbling embarrassment.
Hot yoga to me is, a moving meditation, a mental challenge, a dance, a moment, a breath and a cleansing.
I have been going to hot yoga twice a week for a few months and it is changing my life.
I am appreciating my moments instead of rushing through the day. When I am not appreciating my moments, I am recognizing my discomfort and changing it.
It is our second Christmas in our "new" house. I think I will stop calling it our new house now.
It is ours.
I was surprised at how much I loved pulling out the decorations, because what I recall from past years was how much I loved cleaning it up and putting away.
This year was different.
I wasn't shopping or searching for things for our house.
I already had them.
Last year my parents gifted me with Grandma Gauthier's Christmas village and my old elf costume from my 4th grade play.
It was a delight to pull them out this year. Especially, because the 4th grade costume reminded me of my dear friend that passed last summer, Gabe.
The girls are now remembering their favorite ornaments and joining in on the decorating.
The music, the smells, the pretty glow in our house, and our hearts has slowed me down.
I sit by the tree at night for a minute just to be there.
In the past, I wondered how to fit in decorating, shopping, baking, wrapping, Christmas carding, in my already too busy life.
This year, I want to go to ever light show, every open house with hot chocolate, every sighting of Santa.
I know it goes too fast.
I am loving it.
I am going to keep loving it for the next 19ish days.
From our house to yours!


No comments:
Post a Comment