Now that my neck/back/arm and spirit is feeling better
I am full force into training for the Avon Walk.
And fundraising.
More on that in a minute.
The feeling better makes me itch to run.
I want to run to hot yoga, to be more specific.
My intuition says "not yet, maybe someday."
I listen to that intuition of mine, this time.
But I can walk.
Yes, I can.
So I am.
I am walking with intention.
Isometric exercises along the way.
Perfect posture.
Use my core.
Being grateful for my 80 year old spine, still keeping me upright.
(you might think this swagger in the
picture below is my mom. It is me. I am amazed that we walk the same.
As does Little Bro Jake.
And Lily.
Its in the genes.
Or its in the jeans?)
On these walks with intention, I am doing more than exercising.
I am embracing the beautiful in me and the beauty around me.
I am taking time to notice the small things.
And reflect on the big things.
And the fundraising?
It is nervous fear and thrill.
We are about 1/2 way there with 50 some days to go.
All donations surprise and delight me.
I feel so incredibly blessed with each and every dollar going towards my cause.
I have college friends that I have reconnected with on Facebook, but haven't actually seen in 10 years.
They support me.
I have cousins and childhood memories that I hold dear, and they got my shout out and responded.
Aunts and Uncles.
Neighbors.
Outlaws.
You name it.
I have the most supportive and wonderful people in my life, giving their credit card numbers to my cause.
It means the world to me.
Thank you.
Why am I doing this?
I read something today about all philanthropy being selfish.
It is true.
I am doing this for me.
Because it makes me feel good.
Of course, the greater cause is top of mind, but I am human.
I want to do something good.
My village is helping me to do something good and feel good.
I am not in this alone.
Your dollars, by the 10s, 20s and 100s are making it happen.
Let me know how I can support you back.
Its the best feeling in the world.


No comments:
Post a Comment