Labels

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lambeau Leap

The Lowe Family Circus knew a super awesome secret.
A secret engagement was planned for Auntie Darci and
 we were in "The Know" (thanks to fiance Jason).
We traveled to the proposal destination, Green Bay.
Lily made signs for the happy couple on our way up.

Some signs made you reflect about the big major decision Darci was about to make...


Other signs gave gentle reminders about our place
in the events to follow... 
The mission was accomplished. 
Jason had arranged for a private tour of Lambeau Field with magical proposal at the end.
I imagined, Darci would be overwhelmed and weepy with joy.
Here she is:
Perfect and beautiful (and just how I hoped!)
We didn't actually witness this part, but saw her moments after.
(to see this picture brings tears of joy to my eyes everytime I see it)

They LOVE each other!
Do you see it?
I know you do.
So do I!
Her tears, his smile...well it reminds me of...
...naturally D and I.
We have wedding pics of  him smiling and trying to kiss me
and me being so overwhelmed
(and as Darci and I call it, on Reality Shows),
 me being the "Ugly Crier".
These pictures of mine and hers are so awesome because
it is so raw and so real and so not for the cameras.
Darci was moved.
And that is how it is with love.
When you are in the presence of it.
You KNOW it.
You see it.
And it reminds you of your own love.
These two do this for me.
And they do that for the rest of world too.
They got it.
When Darci finally was able to get over the awesome shock
of it all, she thought...
"I don't know what to do.  I think I am going to call my mom."
And then as if Diane heard her, Mom appeared.
(uplanned perfection, in and out of bathrooms)
And moments later, so were the rest of us.
Darci's Late Grandparents are prouder than peacocks in the Heaven's right now, that this blessed proposal happened here
in this sacred place.
When I mentioned the conversation we had about them on the way up, and Darin's thoughts about his Grandparents pride today, it brought us full circle with tears of love and joy for all.
Then, The Outlaws shared they had stopped
at the cemetary that morning.
And we saw relatives (literally) in the pictures on the wall, while were having lunch, and I just know that we are not alone in this magical begining.
I know that both Jason and Darci's families,
 the ones here and beyond,
are in.
And not only families, but the friends chosen as family,
are all in too.
Their love is one of few in the age of quick marriage and divorce,
that has everyone believing.
Their love is good and true.

As good and true as the love is, I know you want some details?
Yes, me too.
Let me share what I know...
The ring is gorgeous!
The wedding plans?
Come on, not yet.
Coming soon.
The best part about these two?
They both think they are lucky to have found the other.
Isn't that so sweet? 
So exactly what love is.
(*note to self after 9 1/2 years of marriage,
REMEMBER how lucky you are!)
Their whole love story is amazing.
The proposal story is awesome.
The Packers Staff played along with Jason's plan so well, that Jason started to get nervous they didn't understand The Plan.
Engagement...Marriage...its a Leap.
A leap of faith.
Because you can not predict what the future will hold.
But you do know when you found the person that settles into your mind and your heart and your spirit and your body so well that you know come what may, you are in it together.

I know this kind of love because I have it with Darin.
(even when I temporarily forget)
know these two have it too,
because I have witnessed them falling in love.
And its the most amazing, beautiful, and
humbling feeling in the world.
And on a personal note, as far as Outlaws go...
I welcome Jason!
The girls on the other hand?
They think Jason is part Mickey Mouse, Justin Bieber, Dad, Darci, Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Extraordinaire.
He has shared his openness and love in so many ways with us.
We all agree with Darci that we are lucky to know him!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive