Labels

Monday, April 30, 2012

Potawatomi Park

The other week Charlotte and I got to visit a new baby of a friend of mine.
I call her new, but really she is 3 months old and growing fast, but still brand new to me.
This is the 3rd child for my friend.
This friend is one of those..."I don't know how she does it!"  friends.

She has a high pressure recruiting job in the city.
Her house is perfectly clean.
She is always calm and kind and sweet.
Her children eat all organic.
She works out every day.
Dresses high fashion on maternity leave.
She never complains.
She is such an inspiration to me, 
that I demanded we meet again the following week with all the kids.
When I say kids, I mean clowns.


She reported that she resigned from her Big Time job.
She was questioning the week before.
I totally support this decision.
She feels lucky to have the choice
and uncertain about how it will go.
I totally understand.
We talked about the moments with our wee ones that are fleeting. 
I swear the last time I saw her oldest was when he was a toddler.
Now he is a big guy in glasses and peformed his Bartlett Idol routine for me.
(which was maybe the sweetest and greatest entertainment I have seen in a long time. 
He didn't win, but he won my vote)
We want to soak up as much as we can before it is gone.
We also want to model to our kids (girls especially), that they can do anything they want in their career and in their life.
Mama Perfect and I, had these conversations while climbing a nervewrecking tall tower with hyper kids and a baby
strapped to her with a smile. 
I am certain she can handle the stay at home part as well
as she managed the going to work part.
Next time we go back we plan to go on a girlfriend playdate and not a kid playdate so we can shop and browse the town.
And we will do more playdates too.
She will be home this summer after all.
This was the first of many waterfights in our future.
And we are planning a couples only riverboat ride.
Mama Perfect, naturally has wonderful and polite kids.
They each have their own unique personalities.
I loved them all, but to be honest I was
so happy to hold baby again.
When I swooped Baby up from her stroller, 
Mama Perfect apologized and thought it was a chore to me.
I had to assure her, that having an almost 4 year old "baby" myself, each second I get to hold and soothe and coo at a brand new bitty is just like taking a little slice of heaven to me.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive