Labels

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Housefull of Favorites

I had my own perfect storm. 
Julie and Cathie came to visit WITH their families
AT THE SAME TIME!
Friday night we had a make your own pizza party
and enjoyed relaxing,
cocktails and catch up.


I loved hosting my favorites.
I was the last one to sleep each night.
I did dishes and picked up and prepared for the next morning.
I didn't want the weekend to end.
I was loving my house full of favorites.
A few came sick and when they woke up, they were healed.


I wanted to pamper and treat them all like they were my most precious gifts.
Because they are.
I didn't even want to sleep.
I just wanted to lay with a smile on my face, breathing in the moment,
knowing the house was full of people I love.

The next morning we made an impromptu decision to head to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.
Here are the teenagers in front of my office building
in the mini city.
Lily was in heaven centered between these two.


And this Little Love told Jesse he was her "boyfriend"
and she kissed him over and over and over.
 Love Struck Duck.
Julie and I were total badasses at the Museum.
Posing and Instagram-ing everything in sight.
I love Julie, but she is not quite as nerdy as Bailey and me.
Once again (like with the sand castles on the beach),
Bailey is my best bud.
We measured friction and speed. 
We spent so much time on our research. 
The other kids had much shorter attention spans and ran off. 
Not Bailey. 
He stays with me until we thoroughly examined ALL the options
and came up with ALL the answers to every single task in the area.
Plus, he wears his hair in a faux hawk. 
Are you kidding me?
LOVE him!
We took the train to suit Little Jesse's interests.
It proved to be great entertainment for all.
It was Daddy Bob's first time on the train too.
Jesse hooted out all the way down...
"Next stop Costco Everybody!!!"
Julie and I absolutely took this opportunity to laugh so hard at how well smarty pants Jesse knows his Mama, like we do.
Of course it wasn't what we did that mattered.
It was just being together.

I was so happy to get a taste of what it would be like if my favorites were with me everyday.


The fact that my besties created my most favorite people in the world is the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

Its just like having more of them around!
Any ideas where these two got their pose?
Y'all come back now, ya hear!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive