Miss Charlotte had a song presentation
for her last of school this year.
Darin couldn't make it so I recorded it for him on my phone.
I will share a clip with you.
(getting better at technology here, thank you very much)
.I will share a clip with you.
(getting better at technology here, thank you very much)
You can see Charlotte takes her work very seriously.
I had tears in my eyes watching her do her very best.
Her little mouth couldn't move fast enough
to keep up with the many words of the song!
I hate to label her, as anything, including shy, but the truth is,
she does not bask in the spotlight.
She feels nervous and embarassed easily.
I was really proud of her for standing up and singing
to a room full of parents and grandparents.
(thanks G&G Lowe for making the trip to witness!)
I could see after stomping her feet,
she was being very thoughtful to put them back in her exact spot, as she had been told.
She is incredibly obedient.
She makes parenting such an effortless joy.
For all those meltdowns and embarassments that I had with Lily as a preschooler, its feels like
I am now gifted with
the easy button,
get out of jail free card,
go straight to the "you must be such a Good Mom Circle!"
It came as no surprise that Charlotte had a
(careful for the label) perfect report card
and her teachers adore her.
To all of our surprise, she gave Miss Lori a huge hug when we left.
(lucky for us, Miss Lori will be her teacher again next year)
I squeal with delight when I look at the kind teachers' smiles
with my girl.
I squeal with delight when I look at the kind teachers' smiles
with my girl.
She made me proud this year.
She learned to count, color (award winning!),
write and spell her very long name.
write and spell her very long name.
She learned to go to school, without tears.
She made friends and was a good friend to many.
I am enjoying my last few moments with her to myself,
before Lily is home for the summer too.
And takes over.
As only enthusiastic, Big Sister, Captain Lily can.
before Lily is home for the summer too.
And takes over.
As only enthusiastic, Big Sister, Captain Lily can.
I can see the time is already coming
where I can't hold her too tight.
She is off in the world on her big girl bike
and if I blink,
Darin and I will be left in the driveway alone
waving goodbye to our wee ones,
and thinking about all the awesome things we could be doing...
If we had a car that wasn't permanently on loan to a teenage girl.

where I can't hold her too tight.
She is off in the world on her big girl bike
and if I blink,
Darin and I will be left in the driveway alone
waving goodbye to our wee ones,
and thinking about all the awesome things we could be doing...
If we had a car that wasn't permanently on loan to a teenage girl.





No comments:
Post a Comment